This weekend I styled my girl Nina Brooks in two different looks. The first look is what I call a uptown girl and the second look I call the downtown girl. I purchased the majority of these pieces at the thrift store believe it or not! Don’t sleep on your salvation army people! In addition to the lovely photos I was able to take of her, I shot a mini video of her do check that out below!
What does “fashion” really mean to us? A way to express ‘ourselves’ in a way no one else can. It’s the greatest form of art; a form of beauty, individualism and self-expression. So what am I expressing with this outfit today? I am confident and fearless!
Taking advantage of this awesome weather were having on the east coast by leaving the coat at home. I kept it pretty minimal by wearing my classics. A mens shirt worn backwards cause it’s much more fun that way, black skinny jeans, nude pumps, gold jewelry, and a leopard clutch I scored on etsy.
My three favorite things other than CoCo Chanel are shoes, perfume, and hoop earrings. I don’t know about you but when I am wearing a pair of heels, a perfume that smells earthy and sweet at the same time, and hoop earrings ! oooh baby I feel oh so confident and sensual. I think I’ve said this before but I buy 90% of my wardrobe online and the other 10% is from consignment shops. Maybe I’ll do a run down of the stores I frequent in another post but I’ll mention a few here.
Nothing I love more than an outfit that is timeless and effortless. It takes the stress out of trying on a million things and making a mess along the way. This look is one I reach for quite often, but I switch it up a little each time by changing out shoes, bags, jewelry etc…. it ‘s just nice to have something to go to when everything looks unappealing in your closet.
If you fancy discovering new fashionistas then I have a treat for you! Featured here today is Mari frommari2style Mari describes her style as versatile, confident, elegant yet fun. Just like me she enjoys thrifting!